IBM Rational Migration Extension transforms aging applications and can help reduce operating costs associated with legacy technologies.
Transition away from costly and aging environments, tools, and languages to a modern language and Eclipse-based tool set.
Main Features :
- Automates the conversion of legacy code and data to a modern language, development tool set, and database. Low risk, highly maintainable, highly flexible.
- Reduces costs by reducing or eliminating software licensing costs, deploying to lower cost environments, and eliminating duplicate development tools and processes.
- Increases responsiveness and time to market by reducing development time
- Enables reuse of proven, tested applications and enables deployment to new platforms and environments
- Minimizes code expansion
- Allows utilization of existing developers to maintain and develop new code
- Migrates from Software AG Natural and Adabas, CA Ideal, CoolGen, and Datacom, and RPG.
- Transform legacy green screens to rich Web user interfaces
System requirements :
- Operating systems supported: Linux, Windows family